We’re endlessly moved by this #canneslions winner from Chipotle. “Back to the Start” is a beautiful animated film created by Johnny Kelly to emphasise the importance of developing a sustainable food system.
It also features Coldplay’s The Scientist performed by country music legend Willie Nelson.
The ad scooped the coveted Grand Prix for Film award at this year’s Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
What an amazing short animation.
The Brooklyn based artist Aakash Nihalani‘s street art work consists of mostly isometric rectangles and squares. He uses electrical tape to sketch three-dimensional shapes and selecticly places these graphics on public surfaces around New York. For however brief, Aakash is offering viewrs a chance to step into a different New York than they are used to seeing, and in return, momentarily escape from routine schedules and lives. “I try to create a new space within the existing space of our everyday world for people to enter freely, and unexpectedly “disconnect” from their reality.” (cf. artist’s statement) Take a closer look at his work at ARTchipel today’s feature. You can also visit artist’s website or follow him on Tumblr for more work.
[more Aakash Nihalani]
Who else is opting for Jubilee-themed nails this weekend? Here’s a great example from Bourjois UK.
Silver jewelery with a global traveler feel as seen on Bora-Bora beach Ibiza
Need to exaggerate those eyelashes for summer, well check these out. They are by much loved London based accessories outfit, Tatty Devine. Not only do they look super, they are also handmade with UV400 lenses.
Integrating luxury with safety gear. This photo is great inspiration to heavily embellish rock ‘n’ roll looks. Safety first!
This theory says that there is more behind Nickelodeon’s Rugrats besides being a cute show for little kids to watch. In fact, some people are saying that the show has this whole psychological meaning behind it centering around Angelica having a psychotic break at the age of 3 after having too many traumatic accidents happen in her family at such a young age.
- All of the rugrats are a figment of Angelica’s imagination. Now that’s not so horrible by itself, but then we learn why Angelica made them up.
- Chuckie died with his mother in childbirth. This is why his dad is always so worried about him in the show.
- Tommy was stillborn, making his dad have some kind of break and sit in the basement to make toys for the son he was supposed to have.
- The DeVilles had an abortion. Angelica never found out if the baby was supposed to be a boy or a girl so she decided to make it twins. Then, she gave them matching names and personas because there probably would have been only one child if there was no abortion.
- The reason behind these delusions have been blamed on Angelica’s nonexistent relationship with her mother and her manipulative one with her father. Thus, Angelica had no one to turn to when she needed help dealing with the babies’ deaths and resorted to making up the lives they should have lived.
In All Grown Up, Angelica is a bipolar schizophrenic addicted to narcotics and heroin because they help her keep her delusions alive. At this point, we learn that Angelica’s biological mom died from a heroin overdose and Angelica’s disease because she’s a crack baby. Her real mom’s name was Cynthia, hence her doll’s name. The woman from “Rugrats” who was Angelica’s mother is really her gold-digging step-mom who Angelica idolized.
When “All Grown Up” was canceled, Angelica died of an overdose just like her mother.
Dil is the only baby who isn’t fictional. However, Angelica never accepted him as being real and accidentally hit him too hard while trying to make him go away once, resulting in brain damage. This is why he’s such an odd child in “All Grown Up.”
Suzie was actually Angelica’s friend. The theory says that she grew up to become a psychologist and joined the Nickelodeon team to invent the “Rugrats” TV show, finally explaining the origin of the theory.
I remember reading this a long time ago, and it still blows my fucking mind.
Just got an ungodly chill up my spine.